Megadoor for Shipyards and Boatyards
Dry dock doors at shipyards and boatyards can go months without being opened. But they must withstand coastal weather and climate conditions and, when they are opened, they must function flawlessly and allow maximum clearance for the vessels they shelter.
Megadoor has supplied dry dock door solutions to ship and boat builders worldwide since 1983. Megadoor solutions are preferred because they:
- Are highly reliable – you can rely on the door to work and not disrupt operation.
- Require no bottom rails.
- Withstand high wind loads.
- Take less space in the building, do not ‘steal’ space from production, and are cost-effective in operation.
- Provide a tight seal when closed, promoting a comfortable work environment and saving energy.
- Create a good working environment – the translucent curtain lets in more light.
There are many reasons to choose a Megadoor solution.
Here are just a few.
Architecture and engineering support
- Practically no footprint. Compact design. Low weight on building structure
- Easy to incorporate in your design process, whether new installation or a retrofit
- Megadoor engineers support you right from the start of the consultation process
- Simple and quick to install
Reliable, safe operation
- Innovative design ensures long-term reliability
- No springs or counterweights. Very few moving parts
- Patented safety arrestor
- Wind load always evenly distributed
- Very little maintenance
Comfort and security in any conditions
- Dual-layer fabric construction and unique weather-seals insulate and protect
- Safety arrestor locks closed door in place
- Pedestrian door access possible
- Wide range of fabric and window alternatives permit natural-light work conditions
Cost-effective dry dock door solutions
- Fast and easy to operate, yet completely secure. High insulating value
- Maximum space utilization
- Corrosion-resistant components – very little maintenance needed
- Professional preventive maintenance guarantees long and productive life
Contact us to learn more >>
- Architecture and engineering support
- Reliable, safe operation
- Comfort and security in any conditions
- Cost-effective hangar door solutions