Megadoor for Heavy Industry and Steel Mills
Doors used in the steel and foundry industries are exposed to dirt, heat, moisture etc. Vehicles and material are passing the door many times a day and any waiting for the door to open or due to a non-reliable door operation costs money.
Megadoor systems have been installed at plants worldwide and have proven extremely successful thanks to the extraordinary durability and reliability.
All Megadoor systems are specifically engineered for the particular application being considered, and are installed and maintained by local firms who specialize in servicing the steel mill industry. The Megadoor is available with the Flex-a-way feature to reduce the incident rate of door damage and the resulting costly downtime and repairs. With Megadoor, steel mills and heavy industry can expect a cost-effective installation and low life-cycle cost.
Megadoor has supplied door solutions to the steel mills and heavy industry worldwide since 1983.
Megadoor solutions are preferred because they:
- Are highly reliable – you can rely on the door to work and not disrupt operation.
- Take less space in the building, do not ‘steal’ space from production, and are cost-effective in operation.
- Require no bottom rails.
- Withstand high wind loads.
- Minimal maintenance requirements, but maximum safety and operating reliability
- Provide a tight seal when closed, promoting a comfortable work environment and saving energy.
- Create a good working environment – many fabric and window alternatives available.
There are many reasons to choose a Megadoor solution.
Here are just a few.
Architecture and engineering support
- Practically no footprint. Compact design. Low weight on building structure
- Easy to incorporate in your design process, whether new installation or a retrofit
- Megadoor engineers support you right from the start of the consultation process
- Simple and quick to install
Reliable, safe operation
- Innovative design ensures long-term reliability
- No springs or counterweights. Very few moving parts
- Patented safety arrestor
- Wind load always evenly distributed
- Very little maintenance
Comfort and security in any conditions
- Dual-layer fabric construction and unique weather-seals insulate and protect
- Safety arrestor locks closed door in place
- Pedestrian door access possible
- Wide range of fabric and window alternatives permit natural-light work conditions
Cost-effective door solutions
- Fast and easy to operate, yet completely secure. High insulating value
- Maximum space utilization
- Corrosion-resistant components – very little maintenance needed
- Professional preventive maintenance guarantees long and productive life
Contact us to learn more >>
- Architecture and engineering support
- Reliable, safe operation
- Comfort and security in any conditions
- Cost-effective hangar door solutions