KLM UK Engineering makes an old hangar bigger and better
Specialising in MRO, KLM UK Engineering serves major airline operators including TNT Airways, Britair, CityJet, KLM and Air France. Based at Norwich International Airport, the company needed more hangar space to accommodate its rapid growth. It chose to re-furbish and expand an existing hangar instead of building from scratch.
- Access across most of the hangar width, for full utilisation of hangar capacity.
- Fast, reliable performance.
- Long lifetime. Low operating cost.
- Excellent air tightness and wind resistance.
- Minimal maintenance need. Easy to repair.
- No floor tracks. Practically no door footprint.
- Extendable 10-year warranty on all components.
For further information or an obligation-free survey, please contact your local Megadoor representative or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hangar refurbishment/expansion, including a 10 m extension of depth, to accommodate larger, taller jet aircraft.
- Maximum hangar space utilisation, to accommodate growing business volume, and maximum use of limited land space.
- Minimise capital outlay. Flexible use, energy efficiency, and low maintenance.
- Project and design support to the design-and-build contractor.
- Megadoor® vertical lifting fabric door, total dimension 32 m wide x 9 m high, comprising two individually or jointly manoeuvrable 16 meter-wide leaves connected by a swing-up mullion.
- Installation and commissioning.