London Oxford Airport gains a big hangar with a small footprint
A primary regional general and business aviation airport, Oxford Airport is one of the U.K.’s busiest airfields, offering many different services. Near the hub of Britain’s motor racing industry, and only 42 kilometres from the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit, it provides transport and logistics services for teams and drivers alike.
- Access across most of the hangar width, for full utilisation of hangar capacity.
- An additional 40m² of usable hangar floor area.
- No floor tracks. Practically no door footprint.
- Fast, reliable performance. Easy operation.
- Long lifetime. Low operating cost.
- Excellent air tightness and wind resistance.
- Minimal maintenance need. Easy to repair.
- Extended warranties are available for up to 10 years on all components.
‘Having assessed a number of door solutions for new hangar builds at London Oxford Airport, we’ve concluded that the Megadoor option provides the preferred solution, making best use of the available space and for simplicity of operation’. – James Dillon-Godfray, Head of Marketing and Development
For further information or an obligation-free survey, please contact your local Megadoor representative or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plans for a new hangar required being able to accommodate the largest business jets and regional turboprops, as well as smaller aircraft.
- Available space was at a premium, as the new hangar was located between existing hangars.
- The new hangar needed to offer maximum accessibility without wasting space.
- Project and design support to the design-and-build contractor.
- Megadoor® vertical lifting fabric door, total dimension 32 m wide x 9 m high, comprising two individually or jointly manoeuvrable 16 meter-wide leaves connected by a swing-up mullion.
- Installation and commissioning.